Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Days



Made it Singapore without anything of interest occurring. There are few better travel reports than that.
I have relied on the kindness of some friends from work for a place to stay, which has made for a very pleasant first couple of days.
The weather is just fine, made the better for leaving snow behind at home.




Today I've wandered around Chinatown, which is gearing up for the Chinese New Year holiday in mid February.
Lots of delightfully garish stuff for sale, as well as the give me shivers food items.



Singapore gets full marks as a pleasant place. I am more than happy to ease into the Asian travel experience.






And it has terrific book stores! Perhaps not a point of rapture for all, but I was happy to have the fix.

Tomorrow I'm off to Melaka in Malaysia to find my boat to Sumatra.



No comments:

Post a Comment